This site (www.letsmeetbrighton.co.uk) is owned and operated by Let’s Meet Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 10335520 and registered address of 12 The Barrows, Francis Street, Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom, BN1 4ZJ.
- Accessing our Site
Our Site is made available free of charge.
Let’s Meet will need to carry out maintenance of the Site from time to time and in addition there may be other interruptions and Let’s Meet does not warrant therefore that you will have access to the Site at all times, that the Site will be provided free of faults, or that the Site or the computer server from which it is made available do not contain viruses or other harmful components.
We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site.
Let’s Meet reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to and use of the Site for any reason.
- Responsibility for information
Let’s Meet gives notice that the particulars/information relating to any Bookable space on the Site are provided by the Venues (and displayed on their behalf) and are intended as a general outline for guidance only and, except where specified, do not form, or form any part of, any offer or contract with Let’s Meet.
Let’s Meet is not responsible for the validity of the details relating to the Bookable spaces shown. Individuals should not rely on them as statements or representations of facts. Let’s Meet, its Directors, employees or representatives do not have any authority to make or give representations or warranties in relation to Bookable spaces.
- The Individual’s contract with the Venue
This clause only applies if you are an Individual requesting the use of Bookable space through the Site.
When you book Bookable space through the Site or by telephone you will be entering into a contract with the relevant Venue (“Contract”).
If you request a booking through the Site, the Contract will be formed as follows:
- When you submit a booking for particular Bookable space you will be making an offer to book that Bookable space from the relevant Venue on the terms set out on the Site;
- We will send you an email as agent for the Venue confirming on its behalf that your request has been received. If your booking is accepted a Contract between you and the Venue will be formed and the Venue will make contact with you.
- You will be entitled to withdraw your booking within 24 hours of receiving the Site Booking Confirmation Email.
Any Contract is between you and the relevant Venue, and not Let’s Meet and we have no liability to you in respect of your relationship with the Venue. Subject to clause 6.2, any claim you have against a Venue should therefore be brought against the Venue in question directly and not Let’s Meet.
You agree to indemnify us for any loss other than a refund or credit made under clause 6.2 we may suffer as a result of you taking any action against us on the basis of breach by the Venue of a Contract or in relation to anything that occurs in respect of your or your Representatives’ use of the Bookable space or of any equipment or facilities provided by the Venue or whilst you or your Representatives are present in the premises in which the Bookable space is situated.
- Let’s Meet’s contract with the Venue
This clause only applies if you are a Venue offering Bookable space to hire.
Listing your Venue and Bookable space on the Site is completely free of charge. However, should you wish to have your Venue featured on the home page and at the top of searches you will be charged an agreed amount.
If you wish to be featured you will receive an invoice each month you are featured. You agree to pay our monthly invoice in full within one month of receiving it.
- Fees and currency
This clause only applies if you are an Individual requesting to book Bookable space through the Site.
The Venue will charge you a fee (“Booking fee”) and for any services (such as catering and photocopying) (“Services”) you book from the Venue (“Venue Fees”) independent of the Site. The Booking fee will either be set out on the Site for the Bookable space or will be agreed between you and the Venue.
If the Venue has provided it when booking on the Site you will be notified of the Booking fee payable to the Venue. This fee is payable directly to the Venue at a date, time and in the form agreed between you (the Individual) and the Venue
The Booking fee will be quoted in British pounds sterling.
If paying from another country or converting another currency into British pounds sterling, you acknowledge that we are not responsible for any losses caused to you due to currency conversions carried out by your bank or other payment service provider in remitting payment to us or the Venue.
Fee and availability information is subject to change without notice.
As your contract for your use of the Bookable space will be with the Venue, if you require an invoice you may request one directly from the Venue.
- Cancellation and refund policy
7.1 Cancellation Policy
This clause only applies if you are an Individual and book Bookable space through the Site.
The cancellation policy in respect of your booking will be set by the Venue and will be as displayed on the Site or in subsequent correspondents between you and the Venue. You are required to comply with the terms of the Venue’s cancellation policy.
If you cancel a booking you will only be eligible for a refund from the Venue in accordance with the terms of the relevant cancellation policy.
7.2 Refund Policy
While we are not liable for any dispute you have with the Venue as stated in clause 4, we want you to have a positive booking experience. If for any reason you are not satisfied with any part of your booking experience, you agree to inform us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use reasonable endeavours to resolve any issue you may have.
- Use of Bookable space
This clause only applies if you are an Individual and book Bookable space through the Site.
You agree to abide by any terms and conditions or policies (“Policies”) set by the Venue in respect of your use of the Bookable space or the premises in which the Bookable space is situated or of equipment provided by the Venue whether such Policies are set out on our Site or otherwise brought to your attention by us or the Venue.
You agree to only use Bookable space for the purposes for which it is intended and to leave it in the condition in which you found it.
You will be liable to the Venue for any expenditure it is required to incur as a result of your leaving the Bookable space or any equipment in disrepair or in an unreasonable state of cleanliness or for any other damage you or your Representatives cause whilst in the Bookable space or in the premises in which the Bookable space is situated or whilst using any equipment provided by the Venue.
You agree to indemnify us for any loss we may suffer as a result of a Venue or any other party taking action against us for anything that occurs in respect of your or your Representatives’ use of the Bookable space or of any equipment provided by the Venue or whilst you or your Representatives are present in the premises in which the Bookable space is situated.
All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this Site are copyright of Let’s Meet and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers or the Venues. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Subject to the terms of clause 9, any use of materials on this Site including reproduction for any purpose, modification, distribution, or republication without the prior written permission of Let’s Meet is strictly prohibited.
You may view the contents of the Site on screen and you are permitted to print a reasonable number of copies of a reasonable extract or extracts from this Site or any report provided to you by Let’s Meet in its entirety for your personal use. All other copying and distribution of the contents of the Site to any third party is strictly forbidden.
- Disclaimer and limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted at law, Let’s Meet is providing this Site and its contents on an “as is” basis and makes no (and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this Site or the information, content, materials or products included in this Site including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In particular, Let’s Meet is not responsible for the information regarding Bookable space shown on the Site or explained to you during a telephone call with the Venue – the Bookable space advertised has not been inspected by Let’s Meet and Let’s Meet takes no responsibility for its quality, legal status or safety. It is for the Individual to inspect and inquire about Bookable space before booking it. In addition, Let’s Meet does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this Site is accurate, complete or current.
Except as specifically stated on this Site, to the fullest extent permitted at law, neither Let’s Meet nor any of its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this Site or the information, content, materials or products included on this Site or anything that occurs in respect of an Individual’s or their representatives’ use of the Bookable space or of any equipment provided by the Venue or whilst an Individual or representatives are present in the premises in which the Bookable space is situated. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Let’s Meet does not limit its liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. It also does not limit its liability for death or personal injury to the extent only that it arises as a result of the negligence of Let’s Meet, its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives.
The Venue does not exclude its liability for: death or personal injury caused by its negligence or that of its officers, employees, contractors or agents; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or any other liability which may not be excluded by law. Subject to that:
- the Venue will not be liable to an Individual for any indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit incurred by an Individual or its representatives whilst using the Bookable space or any equipment provided by the Venue or whilst it or its representatives are otherwise present in the premises in which Bookable space is operated; and
- its total liability to an Individual arising out of the Individual’s or its representatives’ use of the Bookable space or any equipment provided by the Venue or whilst otherwise present in the premises in which Bookable space is operated in respect of a particular Contract will be limited to the price paid by the Individual for the relevant Bookable space.
For the avoidance of doubt, it is intended that this clause confers a benefit on the Venues.
- No contract
- Linking to our site
You may link to our home page or blog, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you. This does not exclude you from linking to our Site through a social media website or application.
Our Site must not be framed on any other Site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page or blog, unless you are a Venue, in which case you are permitted to place a link on your site directly to your Venue’s page on our Site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in clause 18.3 below.
If you wish to make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
- Third party links
Within the Site there may be links or references to third party websites or materials. Let’s Meet is not responsible for these third party sites or their content and Let’s Meet will not be in any way responsible for any transaction entered into by you concerning goods or services available from such third party websites.
We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
This clause only applies if you are a Venue offering space to hire.
Any material you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other Individual of our Site.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our Site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in clause 18.3.
Under no circumstance does Let’s Meet accept liability for any copyright infringement of any images uploaded by Individuals or Venues.
- Acceptable use
18.1 Prohibited uses of our Site
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out in clause 17.3.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
18.2 Interactive Services
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site, including, without limitation, the opportunity for posting reviews about Bookable space (“Interactive Services”).
Where we do provide any Interactive Service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for Individuals from third parties when they use any Interactive Service provided on our Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. Although we will use reasonable endeavours to modify any reviews about Bookable space, we are under no obligation to oversee or monitor any other Interactive Service and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Service by an Individual in contravention of our content standards set out in clause 18.3, whether the service is moderated or not.
We will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
18.3 Content standards
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site (“Contributions”), including, for the avoidance of doubt, any material provided by a Venue via the Venue Dashboard or via representatives of Let’s Meet and to any Interactive Services associated with the Site.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the latter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
You warrant that any such Contribution does comply with these standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person or organisation.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
17.4 Suspension and termination
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- Contact details
Let’s Meet’s principal place of business in the United Kingdom is
12 The Barrows | Francis Street | Brighton | East Sussex | United Kingdom | BN1 4ZJ
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No failure or delay by Let’s Meet to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of it nor will any partial exercise prevent any further exercise of the same, or of some other right, power or remedy.
- The Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002
To the extent that the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002 apply to the relationship between you and us, we and you agree to waive compliance with Regulations 9(1), 9(2) and 11 of those regulations.